Saturday 23 January 2010

The day the snow came

8am in Madrid on Monday 11 January 2010

It doesn't snow very often in Madrid and this was the second time this winter. While I was sleeping, the snow crept into the streets and left a soft blanket over the city's landmarks. I went to my early morning class at Calle de Alcala and took photos of the waking city. It was the first day back to work for many people - myself included - and we blinked in wonder as we shuffled along.

I wish I could have spent the morning exploring with my camera and capturing scenes of statues with snow highlighting their curves and crevasses. The Retiro park looked like wonderland when glimpsed from my passing bus. The trees sparkled with frosted leaves and as this is Madrid, the fountains played on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive