Wednesday 10 November 2010

Getting crafty

I have re-established my relationship with my sewing machine and scraps of fabric, random ribbons, pots of beads and buttons and I am up-cycling and making all sorts of crazy crafty things. It is great therapy and it is a way of de-cluttering my flat. The goal of all this activity is a stall at the vintage ballroom boot fair that is taking place on Saturday in my local pub. I had a trial run last month and it was great fun selling stuff to people in such a cool setting. Plus there was coffee, booze and food on tap too. The Ivy House is a brilliant place and has a rather quirky and funky wood-panelled ballroom. It is home to comedy and cabaret nights and it is a real gem in my neighbourhood. Free films on a Monday and they have just started doing Sunday roasts too! 

I have been making a lot of purses and bags from leftover remnants of fabric and I hope to get rid of them on Saturday. If they go well, I may do a Christmas stall in December. I am enjoying making things again and getting the old sewing machine going. I still have a lot of fabric left though ... cushion covers anyone?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive