Friday 19 November 2010

Ballroom boot fair

View from our stall

If you are going to do a boot fair, do it in a pub! That is my top tip. Who wants the stress of getting up at 6am on a Sunday morning and lining up at a freezing cold outdoor venue? Especially if there are no guarantees on return of that investment. My local pub has been running indoor bootfairs for a few months and this was our second appearance with an eclectic mix of vintage goodies. In my case, it was a chance to get rid of a stack of books, some old clothes and a few bits of jewellery. My mate A. is a seasoned pro and was selling vintage clothing, bags, accessories and the star item, a Pelham puppet ventriloquist's dummy. 

The fair was 12-5 and it was an agreeable way to spend a Saturday. With vintage jazz and blues to entertain those cheery punters seeking that elusive £43million Chinese vase and an on-tap supply of food and drink, I was a happy soul. I easily made £50 and felt the difference as I packed up my suitcase. This is the last vintage stall I am doing before I go back to Spain. I have however booked a stall for December to sell some Christmas gift items so I have to get the sewing machine whirring over the next couple of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive