Thursday 1 September 2011

It's 1 September!

Those who know me well know that I suffer badly from seasonal affective disorder or SAD as it is helpfully known. Last winter it almost finished me off but this year I am not going to let that happen despite my decision to stay in London and not return to the bright light of Madrid. So what does that mean? It means dusting off my light box and using it every day, getting up and outside as much as possible, watching my diet, lots of swimming and lots of doing good things that make me happy. I am not going to fall into the trap of moaning about it if I can. I am going to try and stay positive and keep fighting it.

One of the things that really helps me is meditation and reiki healing. If I give healing, I get it back threefold and it really does make a difference. Last week I attended a healing event in central London where I gave healing to around eight different people. I was on a natural high for at least 24 hours. Then Saturday involved a flash meditation mob meet up in Trafalgar Square and this was also fabulous. Despite the rainy weather that day, it stayed sunny from the start to the end of the meditation session. There was a beautiful energy in the group with people from all walks of life gathered in front of the National Gallery. I have never done anything like this before and it is kind of addictive! If I can, I plan to go to the next one on 21 September in Marble Arch which is for International Peace Day. It will be beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive