Sunday 25 September 2011

Teaching ESOL

It's been three weeks now and I am loving it! I have a teaching job at a friendly training centre in north London where the learners need to learn English to improve their work prospects. I am teaching a three-hour pre-entry level afternoon class and a two-hour entry level 3 class on Mondays to Fridays. The learners are all local and mainly either Somali or Turkish in origin. I am learning as much as they are! This is my first time teaching ESOL and I am busy with schemes of work, lesson planning and teaching. Soon I will be doing  ILPs and tutorials and before you know it, it will be half-term!

The only problem I have at the moment is that I don't earn enough so I am looking for extra work either in teaching or admin or publishing. In fact any part-time work is considered! I have mornings available so if you are reading this and have any ideas do let me know. I am particularly interested in doing support work for people with sight loss as this would make use of my skills and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive