Tuesday 24 March 2009

Just another Tuesday

Why do I remember to blog on a Tuesday? Not a Monday or a Sunday but a Tuesday! Maybe it is because it is the day that I tend to be at home. Ah that will explain it. So another week closer to exit day. Last week I was definitely in denial mode but this week I am back in the here and now of OMG it is only six weeks to go now. Hey ho! It will no doubt be at least another six weeks before I know when I can actually go for training or assessment as I now think of it. I hope to be living and working at some Spanish university by the end of the June or something will have gone horribly wrong.

Today I was practising teaching an English class to Spanish people as I walked down the road, past Jacqui Smith's policemen (it's ok they are used to me by now) and almost missed a friend who pulled up in her car to say hi. I know it's an obsession and I need to focus! Other days I practise my Spanish and walk along have meaningless conversations about picking up tickets and booking hotel rooms. And it is going to get worse!

The poetry reading event on 30 March is the next thing on my horizon. Reading some of my poems in public with my fellow cryptwriters. Should be a good night and I am looking forward to it. What to wear? What to wear? I need a poet-reading-outfit of some description. Or maybe I should just wear all-black and be dramatic. Will add the flyer for the show when I can work out how to do it (nice work, David if you're reading this!)

1 comment:

  1. Debra, I'd like to come to the poetry reading but I'm going to a book launch at Probsthains on that night. Good luck anyway.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive